Sponge power

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a quest for ultimate 've been using sponge power by zeovit for a few months. Does anyone use this ? Has anyone seen this cause cyano ?
I have a couple spots of cyano that come and go day after day. It's not hurting anything, but I'm curious.

running about 100 times turnover through power heads. Nitrates 3 phosphates .09
Dose 2 mil of acropower daily.
2ish mil nopox
20 mil all for reef
200 mil kalk
(For what it's worth)

nutrients are where I want them, not interested in lowering them. I'm just curious about the sponge power

biophilia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used Brightwell's SpongExcel which smells similar and is likely a very similar product. Zeovit claims their product contains acetic acid (they say as a preservative, though some sponges will uptake acetate as well) so it's likely providing a small organic carbon source which in theory could fuel cyano growth. That said, you're probably just seeing cyano due to nitrate being as low as it is in your system. Cyano seems to rear it's head in a lot of tanks once NO3 gets into the low single digits in my experience...

If I had to guess what was in Sponge Power, my money would be on water, acetic acid, sodium silicate, and possibly some amino acids.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back