Sponge

  • Thread starter Thread starter muclar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

muclar

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2026
Messages
25
Reaction score
20
Location
England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have brought a new sponge filter for my marine tank as the old one seems to be falling apart do you think it will be ok just to replace the old one and will I have to keep checking water parameters
Thanks for help
 
It's probably okay to just switch them over and test assuming you have live rock in the tank. But safest bet is to leave the old sponge in the tank while running the new one for a week or two before switching over.
 
It's probably okay to just switch them over and test assuming you have live rock in the tank. But safest bet is to leave the old sponge in the tank while running the new one for a week or two before switching over.
Ok thank you I cannot put both sponges in at the same time as there’s only room for one
But will swap them over I have live rock and sand tank has been running for over 10 months now
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new