Spooky Leptastrea

ff2807

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got live rock from the gulf and it came with an encrusted spooky leptastrea . When I researched it the area of origin was Australia ,how is it in the gulf?

OP
OP
F

ff2807

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get it from?
TBS has aquacultured rocks with corals growing on them for sale.
Got it from Salty Bottom but the area of origin is Australia how did it make the gulf

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe most LR sold out of the Gulf are entrepreneur who dive who lease an area of gulf bottom from the State of Florida anywhere 8 to 30 miles out.

It's usually in 30ft of water and they dive to seed rock and retrieve previous seeded rock every 3mos

My point is when they take a boat out to their lease area, you have no idea where the "seed rock" came from.

They could be buying rock off Craigslistfrom reefers who are getting out of the hobby and selling the rock dirt cheap at $1/lbs

Once they seed the rock and wait 3-6mos they sell it for ultra premium prices

YOUR ROCK may have previously used in a reef tank, then bought by these divers to transform nto ultra premium LR... but had previous hitchhikers on it.

Last edited:

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe most LR sold out of the Gulf are entrepreneur who dive who lease an area of gulf bottom from the State of Florida anywhere 8 to 30 miles out.

It's usually in 30ft of water and they dive to seed rock and retrieve previous seeded rock every 3mos

My point is when they take a boat out to their lease area, you have no idea where the "seed rock" came from.

They could be buying rock off Craigslistfrom reefers who are getting out of the hobby and selling the rock dirt cheap at $1/lbs

Once they seed the rock and wait 3-6mos they sell it for ultra premium prices

YOUR ROCK may have previously used in a reef tank, then bought by these divers to transform nto ultra premium LR... but had previous hitchhikers on it.

Saltybottoms site says 20 years lol.

OP
OP
F

ff2807

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the subject

Attachments

• IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 51

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back