Spot on Tomini Tang

dKNzt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This spot just popped up over night, Wondering what it is if anyone can help so I can proper medicate it.

Its not as bright as the image looks but it is notice able when you're close to the tank.
IMG_0426.PNG

IMG_0425.PNG

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It looks like an injury of some sort - almost like a powerhead or something sucked against it/bit it - Do you have other tangs in the tank? Is it a new fish, etc. It does not look infected - I would not necessarily treat it yet. You may want to have a broad spectrum antibiotic on hand - and at least some idea about how you would do a hospital tank in case its necessary?

OP
OP
D

dKNzt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like an injury of some sort - almost like a powerhead or something sucked against it/bit it - Do you have other tangs in the tank? Is it a new fish, etc. It does not look infected - I would not necessarily treat it yet. You may want to have a broad spectrum antibiotic on hand - and at least some idea about how you would do a hospital tank in case its necessary?
I was thinking maybe a rock scrape it does like to dart in between rocks. He's one of my oldest fish in the tank pretty much the tank boss. I have added a Yellow Mimic a week ago but he only pushed it around for a day or so but this was not there. Since the 2nd day I introduced the Mimic he stopped and and doesn't bother it anymore (this is how it usually goes it will push around the new fish for a day or so then leaves them alone and gets along) None of my fish fight.

I don't have a quarantine tank setup but I do got one in case I need to run it.
I also just bought some Copper Power after losing my last 2 tangs from disease. I have ICH-X and some Polyplabs Medicine on hand which I dossed just in case.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I agree , either tag(scrape) or even bite and can say. . . One nice thing about marine fish is their ability to heal and quickly BUT this can also go the other direction and become a bacterial issue so have on hand just in case Seachem Kanaplex which would treat it BUT will have to be in a seperate quarantine tank which is never a bad instrument to have on hand

OP
OP
D

dKNzt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree , either tag(scrape) or even bite and can say. . . One nice thing about marine fish is their ability to heal and quickly BUT this can also go the other direction and become a bacterial issue so have on hand just in case Seachem Kanaplex which would treat it BUT will have to be in a seperate quarantine tank which is never a bad instrument to have on hand
Cool I'm gonna go pick up some Tank Supplements tomorrow. I'll pick that up, if it gets worst i'll set up a small temp tank with an airstone and some filter media and dose.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 80 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back