Spots on Wrasse Tail Only

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay Hemdal Nothing new has been added and this is the second time in the last few months something like this has happened. Way to many spots to be ick. Located on the tail only so not velvet. Nothing new added and the fish is acting normal. Did notice on its side it had a bristleworm spike in it and there is a large bristleworm that hangs in the same cave as the fish. Is it possible these are reactions to getting spiked by a bristlworm? At a loss.

20210106_120504.jpg 20210106_120503.jpg

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Jay Hemdal Nothing new has been added and this is the second time in the last few months something like this has happened. Way to many spots to be ick. Located on the tail only so not velvet. Nothing new added and the fish is acting normal. Did notice on its side it had a bristleworm spike in it and there is a large bristleworm that hangs in the same cave as the fish. Is it possible these are reactions to getting spiked by a bristlworm? At a loss.

How does your Kole tang look? Any spots?

The wrasse's tail looks a little tattered as well. You could be right about bristleworm. Could the spots be sand?

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does your Kole tang look? Any spots?

The wrasse's tail looks a little tattered as well. You could be right about bristleworm. Could the spots be sand?

Definitly not sand. Nothing on the kole tang.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, velvet is mainly a gill disease and the spots don't look right for ich at all. Looks more like mucus to me, and there is a little bit of fin damage. So - mechanical trauma makes sense, I just don't think a bristleworm would do that, but maybe? I take it the fish is still feeding fine? If so, I'd just watch it.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Possibly crypto but could be something that will come and go. Good water quality and healthy diet always helps.
Add selcon vitamins and garlic extract to the foods for vitality and immunity health

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back