Spray paint to paint DIY canopy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slammed01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slammed01

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2012
Messages
344
Reaction score
41
Location
Brentwood, Ca {NorCal}
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Looking to paint my canopy this weekend and want to grab the paint tonight.
Last canopy I brushed with many coats using Kilz primer and Behr high gloss white/Satin black.
I read about people using spray primer/paint in one or krylon fusion. Can this be done? Getting ready for a baby and getting the canopy built its a rush! LOL
 
I sprayed killz than sprayed semi gloss. It looks fine. It's not a perfect flat shinny but I'm okay with it.
 
Sprayed zinsser cover stain and sealer, went on good. Sprayed appliance gloss white in inside and satin black on outside. My 1/8" mdf turned out splotchy from where I filled nail holes. I sanded down to even it out last night. Should I spray or is it better to roll with foam roller on front?
e36645f6d0ef5a0dd15000f7355362c0.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new