Spreadsheet for aquarium testing

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am personally very appreciative that OP put this together and had the generosity to share with the rest of us. I am not a spreadsheet person. Heck, I spent 40 minutes trying to change the Celsius drop downs to Fahrenheit before I got tired and went to bed last night. This would have taken me weeks to do! It has been on my to do list for 2 years. I can adjust my "recommended" parameters as I see fit - even if I may be measuring temp in C for another two years until I figure it out. LOL
@Valum I give you my gratitude. You are a prince among reefers.
I Love You Yes GIF by pikaole

OP
OP
Valum

Valum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hay man. Looks good. I'm a spreadsheet guy and your is purty! You can always let people modify the limits or baselines - easy to do. I see no issue using published parameters and you disclosed it. Thanks for contributing.
Yeh exactly, I've done my best to source parameters there are going fluctuations in people's opinions and I appreciate hearing them at the end of the day it about stability not chasing numbers

dead_goby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Curious what do you call the chart that lists the baseline? Is there a name for that specific type of visual?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never claimed it to be fact, I simply referenced where I obtained my data and did multiple searches and that's all I could find sadly I don't have a degree to be able to decode scientific papers or where to find them, while I appreciate your feedback it would be nice if you could reference your source for this value you have obtained

It's the best I could find, if you can source anything from any scientific body I will spend time to read it and adjust my values accordingly

I never claim to know anything for certain there's always the risk of incorrect data testing ect, I just go with what I believe untill something seems more logical and conclusive to change my views
58333498-6E5A-42BF-9F94-A0CCC9DC6BF7.jpeg
I’ve shared this exact link 1000’s of times over the years .
a good reference .

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downloaded and played around with it, very useful thanks. I was just teasing with the elements earlier :)

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To all those who criticised this guy, why dont you come up with something better to share with us all?

Its called constructive criticism, its very helpful in making something better. Or we could let everything be as is even if its wrong.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never claimed it to be fact, I simply referenced where I obtained my data and did multiple searches and that's all I could find sadly I don't have a degree to be able to decode scientific papers or where to find them, while I appreciate your feedback it would be nice if you could reference your source for this value you have obtained

It's the best I could find, if you can source anything from any scientific body I will spend time to read it and adjust my values accordingly

I never claim to know anything for certain there's always the risk of incorrect data testing ect, I just go with what I believe untill something seems more logical and conclusive to change my views
It is a nice chart for those that want to use it.
I was only pointing out fact.
You dont need to read any scientific papers to find what the average alk of the ocean is.
Its not you.
Many fish and coral sellers including places manufacturing product for the reefing community continuously post things that are incorrect.
Just like the one you posted from.
It only hurts the hobby.
Then people follow them like gospel.
I am sorry if it came out the wrong way as that is not what I intended.
Peace.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

AquaticLog iOS 9.8.5

AquaticLog iOS 9.8.5. is now out.

This release is a big one and fixes the issue that has been plaguing the app for the longest time - in some circumstances you had to login every time you opened the app, which is a bad user experience.

This issue has been identified and fixed - all of the authentication had to be rewritten from scratch.

The new app is now available in the App Store, please let me know of you run into any issues. I've already found a small bug where you'd get a login window if you launch the app and there's no network connection. Working on a fix for it in 9.8.6 available shortly.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

AquaticLog iOS 9.8.5

AquaticLog iOS 9.8.5. is now out.

This release is a big one and fixes the issue that has been plaguing the app for the longest time - in some circumstances you had to login every time you opened the app, which is a bad user experience.

This issue has been identified and fixed - all of the authentication had to be rewritten from scratch.

The new app is now available in the App Store, please let me know of you run into any issues. I've already found a small bug where you'd get a login window if you launch the app and there's no network connection. Working on a fix for it in 9.8.6 available shortly.
This is among one of a few apps I downloaded
But haven’t used it yet
So far ReefTrace is one of my favourites

Plantop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd share my spreadsheet any suggestions welcome

Also you welcome to use it

where can i download it. been on the site now for a while and can't find your excel sheet anyplace to download please help.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back