SpringerI damsels

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I was wondering if I am missing something about these guys.. do they actually need to be with others if the same species in a scarlet populated tank or something?

This is not the first one I've bought from the same supplier, even bought two together once cause I thought they would get along together, but these guys just quit after a few days in my tank. The telltale sign is heavy breathing in all cases.
I have a mixed reef tank with two clowns, two gobies, two wrasses. Nothing aggressive, nor did I see any serious aggression. Never had mystery issues with other fish... So just wondering. Any input on this species?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How are you acclimating these fish and for how long ?

OP
OP
GSnake

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp acclimate for about 20. Then partial water additions to the bag till filled, half emptied, and filled again. May repeat process if salinity was different to begin with it still not matching

OP
OP
GSnake

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also want to add.. in all cases they swam around, curious about live rock, ate food I gave them and picked at the rock. Normal behaviours and the odd breathing and hiding starts about one to two days later

OP
OP
GSnake

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after expressing my concern to my supplier, I bought another one and coincidentally it is doing fine now. its been about a month and its enjoying tank life with two other chromis

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.7%
Back