SPS 20 Gallon AIO 17x17x15 Light help

AnteVanjak

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2025
Messages
51
Reaction score
24
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone before I start my build thread for my Ice Cap 20 gallon AIO. Want recommendations for lighting over the tank ! Dimensions are 17x17x15. Currently have a spare Prime laying around and another one being covered by warranty. Tank will be a SPS tank, so need a light to pack punch all throughout. Considering
2 Ai primes ( already got a spare one from my Red Sea build and another being covered by warranty)
1 hydra 44HD
1 radion xr15 blue pro
1 Hydra 32Hd

Which light would you pick and bring a single light I would supplement with Ai blades and if I were to do the blades can you point me in the right direction for mounting. I am trying to make this as sleek as possible as it is on my living room and will be the first thing you see when walking into the house.

TIA!
 
I run photons over my acro tank and the median is an improvement over the photons. Adam that owns battle corals replaced all his photons with meridians so I think its safe to say they will grow acros

I do have a meridian 11 over my IM20 24x12x12" but the tank has only been running for a few months. My clams are growing well under it so far. The ones on the rock are getting 400 par

PXL_20250823_010427998.jpg
 
Run 2 16hd's at first 4 100% the rest 50%.
My old 18" nano cube.
I have an old build that goes zero to 10 months before I took it down.
20220126_162523.jpg
20220926_094430.jpg


Current 15" nano cube with gen 5 blue xr15 running ab+ @100%.
5 months from start.
20250829_120433.jpg
 
Best of luck friend, all I’ve ever had with nanos and sps is disappointment. Algae always seems to win with intense light and no tangs to keep it at bay.
Thank you! Def will be a challenge especially with keeping my nutrients as stable as possible.
 
I run photons over my acro tank and the median is an improvement over the photons. Adam that owns battle corals replaced all his photons with meridians so I think its safe to say they will grow acros

I do have a meridian 11 over my IM20 24x12x12" but the tank has only been running for a few months. My clams are growing well under it so far. The ones on the rock are getting 400 par

PXL_20250823_010427998.jpg
Thank you! How did you mount yours? Hanging it side tank mount? Do you have experience with the edge lights that go with the Meredian?
 
Thank you! How did you mount yours? Hanging it side tank mount? Do you have experience with the edge lights that go with the Meredian?
I have it mounted using a set of tank mounts left over from a photon.
I have no experience with edge lights.

image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new