Sps Acclimation

Well you must have some magic ALK water or something to have it go directly from 5.2 to 8.3 with no issues :D
I had a doser malfunction in August that spiked my alk to more than 40 dKh and only lost 1 frag. 12+ years ago I would go from below 8 to 12 in a matter of seconds every week for a couple years and again, never had any issues. Then is see all of these threads where ppl are trying to grow sps in a 75 gallon tank with a kessil 160 or have 0no3/0po4 And are using nopox and gfo and chemiclean and vibrant etc but their struggles are blamed on a 0.25 alk swing from 2 weeks before. These stories make me chuckle. On the inside and the outside
 
Last edited:
I had a doser malfunction in August that spiked my alk to more than 40 dKh and only lost 1 frag. 12+ years ago I would go from below 8 to 12 in a matter of seconds every week for a couple years and again, never had any issues. Then is see all of these threads where ppl are trying to grow sps in a 75 gallon tank with a kessil 160 or have 0no3/0po4 And are using nopox and gfo and chemiclean and vibrant etc but their struggles are blamed on a 0.25 alk swing from 2 weeks before. These stories make me chuckle. On the inside and the outside

Doser issue or human error? If it was the doser, which doser?
 
I guess im the only one who can't keep an acro frag if alk spikes by 3dkh+ in 24 hrs haha.

Even with p04 = .1 and no3 = 16ppm-32ppm
 
What about light acclimatation? How many days you consider before place on the final spot a new frag?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new