SPS Acquisition Guidance/Recommondations, Please

Jon Fleck

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So....have invested the last six months working getting my SPS dominant tank up, cycled and stabilized to optimum water parameters including par with T5 lighting. Now, I am facing the next challenge of getting livestock to me. I am located in RURAL Arizona being two hours from Las Vegas and three hours from Phoenix. I am looking for any recommendations on vendors whom from your experience have AWESOME shipping and guarantees and include SPS acros in their inventory. Regrettably, overnight air (vendor name purposefully omitted) delivery here is grouped with ground delivery and typically won't get to my door until 8:00PM which is close to 12 hours in a 97 degree + delivery vehicle. One prior attempt at SPS delivery was a disaster and mitigated that I was testing the process and only one frag was shipped and lost. I would prefer NOT to have to wait until October when temps are more manageable. It is my understanding that one other freight vendor does an overnight priority which is fairly reasonable in price (versus the $100.00 air freight bill for four pounds shipped from central Oregon to northern Arizona) and COULD be at my door by late morning. Any and all direction, recommendations, thoughts, personal knowledge, WHATEVER, etc., based upon past experience would be HIGHLY APPRECIATED. BTW....I am sincerely THANKFUL for REEF2REEF when all other options appear to not work. jff

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So....have invested the last six months working getting my SPS dominant tank up, cycled and stabilized to optimum water parameters including par with T5 lighting. Now, I am facing the next challenge of getting livestock to me. I am located in RURAL Arizona being two hours from Las Vegas and three hours from Phoenix. I am looking for any recommendations on vendors whom from your experience have AWESOME shipping and guarantees and include SPS acros in their inventory. Regrettably, overnight air (vendor name purposefully omitted) delivery here is grouped with ground delivery and typically won't get to my door until 8:00PM which is close to 12 hours in a 97 degree + delivery vehicle. One prior attempt at SPS delivery was a disaster and mitigated that I was testing the process and only one frag was shipped and lost. I would prefer NOT to have to wait until October when temps are more manageable. It is my understanding that one other freight vendor does an overnight priority which is fairly reasonable in price (versus the $100.00 air freight bill for four pounds shipped from central Oregon to northern Arizona) and COULD be at my door by late morning. Any and all direction, recommendations, thoughts, personal knowledge, WHATEVER, etc., based upon past experience would be HIGHLY APPRECIATED. BTW....I am sincerely THANKFUL for REEF2REEF when all other options appear to not work. jff

If you’re only two hours out of Vegas I’d check to see vendors in the area place an order and go pick them up. That way you don’t have to worry about shipping your livestock.

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if you have the corals delivered to a UPS or Fedex holding location and you pickup them up from there. You can then be there waiting for the package to arrive and drive it home yourself.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if you have the corals delivered to a UPS or Fedex holding location and you pickup them up from there. You can then be there waiting for the package to arrive and drive it home yourself.
Sounds like a really good idea.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.3%
Back