Sps always dies on me

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all. Why are you dosing Kalk? Is your level low? Second, where is your level now? Third, how much is dosed in 5 minutes and how much is dosed in 10 minutes. Fourth, where does each of those dosing times take your level too?
The answer is 4 ?

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to say it but this will require a lot of investigation on your side. You'll need to make sure everything is actually what you think it is.

I'd target nsw levels for everything except the hard ones like po4 and no3. Corals need no3 and po4 to grow flesh. If its receding it's likely low nutrients or your parameters are faulty or off. For example I had alkalinity test kits read 8dkh when after investigating, was actually 5dkh. That was a problem. Thus I've learned 1.135 grams of baking soda in 1 gallon of pure water is 10dkh. Put the baking soda in 1 gallon of water and test your kits accuracy. Try to make that at a pharmacy they have good scales and will do it for free as a start. I'd also send off an icp test. Lastly I'd get some fish in there if you don't already. Good luck.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

• I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 81.0%
  • Other.

Back