SPS bleaching from the base up

I keep my Alk in between 7.7-7.85, I want to raise it around 8. I had this same issue that your having and thought it was nitrate/phosphate. I couldn't register phosphate on Hanna meter but was getting >5ppm on Nitrate tests, so I got an alge scrubber & ran it along w/ skimmer & I also vodka dose. Can't get any readings on phos/nitrate now. I really think I've been stripping the water too much so I took the scrubber off line today. Come to find out ,I think it was Mg it was reading 1145. It took me about a wk to get it bk up to around 1350 but IMO I think Mg was the issue all the time. It seems like a lot of hobbyist don't test Mg nearly enough and rely on water changes to replenish the Mg. If you don shake the devil out of the salt bucket b'f u do your water changes the Mg will separate or clump in the salt mix & you'll get diverse measurements from batch to batch.
 
Just going with what my LFS charges...They are high on most things but I hate shipping/waiting.
Where do you get 90?

I just looked them up and they are both 65.00 for all 3 Tests.

Salifert is considered the "Gold Standard" and the Best Kit on the Market.

Go with Salifert.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new