SPS bleaching, receding at base and dying tips

  • Thread starter Thread starter toothman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

toothman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2011
Messages
256
Reaction score
10
Location
Coconut Creek FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my sod were doing great and then recently some but not all are bleaching or receding or have dying tips. Polyp extension is good to great on most. My parameters are
pH 8.2
Ca 400
Alk 8.7
Mag 1200
No3 5-10
Phos .07 with Hanna and 0 with sailfert (both new reagents)

It's mostly the red color that's bleaching and receding. Other colored sps have they dying tips.
Lighting is 5 Hydra 52 and 2 vega. For flow I have 6 vortex have mp40s.

Any help would be appreciated.
 
My sps are going thru pretty much the same exact thing that u are describing.
I have been testing my alk and realized that my Alk was at 5.5 when the sps started bleaching.
I've been slowly raising the Alk and I haven't seen any other pieces suffering so hopefully this is it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new