SPS Colt Coral Detached from Epoxy

Damdeno

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
51
Location
Beaufort
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello community,

So I decided to adjust my water flow a little bit yesterday And this morning I wake up and see that my Colt Coral has flipped over from where it was and has detached itself from the little epoxy mount I had in place for it. So I right sided it up and put it back as the bottom of it still held the same shape and i returned the flow to it’s original state and did NOT add more epoxy.
All I have is the instant ocean hold fast epoxy but I do have some of the BRS glue coming in the mail soon.
Should I be worried? Will it eventually attach again? should I add more epoxy ?
 
Update:
checked on it again and saw that it had fell on it side so I created another epoxy piece for it hopefully this one actually stays.
 
That happens all the time whether it is from increased flow or an accidental hit while cleaning. Just re-epoxy it back into place. Encrusting type coral will eventually grow onto the surrounding rock to the point where it isn't an issue anymore.
 
Colt’s are soft corals. Don’t worry...it will definitely attach again. :-) They are very hardy and will let branches go into the water column when they get growing well. Before you know it, they’ll pop up everywhere in the tank. Put it in the sump with some rock rubble in a small bowl. It will attach to the rubble and then you can glue it on the scape. Large grain sand works too. Good luck with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new