Sps Coral Crabs and Angels

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2018
Messages
1,438
Reaction score
2,017
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will symbiotic sps coral crabs attack any fish (such as angels butterflys etc) that happens to pick at their host coral or just ignore them. I don't own a coral crab but do have a potters angel and would just like to know for the future.
 
There should be no issue. I have never seen one be fish aggressive.
 
My acro crabs are the biggest babies ever lol. As soon as something gets close they try to get as tight in the coral as they can and hide.
 
They mostly stay in the very center of the acropora. I have never seen one even try and "defend" an acro... rather just hide.
 
Large porcelain crabs will wave their arms but I don't think that will kill any fish :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new