SPS Corals & Clearer Crew

  • Thread starter Thread starter Braves Fan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Messages
2,033
Reaction score
1,321
Location
D'Iberville Mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 6, 7 or 8 of these big snails roaming around my tank and they do a good job at doing their job. Anyway, last week as some of you know I bought my first two SPS corals ( I haven't killed them yet) I put them in the tank and when I got home from work, I am sure one of these snails is the guilty party, had broke off one of the branches on one of the two corals. That in its self is no big deal, but I plan on spending a few $$$$ on a frag package in the near future and I don't want these snails doing this again. Should I get rid of these big snails, I have some smaller snails doing the same job but they tend to stay on the glass and are coned shaped, I also have some small red legged type crabs in the tank, but I don't think they pose a problem to the corals. Anyway, whats your advice for me??
 
Most SPS they wont be able to break but there is a few that are easy to beak. With that its up to you I dont like big snails because they knock stuff over
 
This coral they broke was a Birds nest with small brittle branches. Your right, they most likely wouldn't be able to break the larger branched frag that I have. Guess I was still mad at what they did and wanted to make them pay with alittle garlic butter sauce.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new