SPS Corals & Clearer Crew

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 6, 7 or 8 of these big snails roaming around my tank and they do a good job at doing their job. Anyway, last week as some of you know I bought my first two SPS corals ( I haven't killed them yet) I put them in the tank and when I got home from work, I am sure one of these snails is the guilty party, had broke off one of the branches on one of the two corals. That in its self is no big deal, but I plan on spending a few $$$$ on a frag package in the near future and I don't want these snails doing this again. Should I get rid of these big snails, I have some smaller snails doing the same job but they tend to stay on the glass and are coned shaped, I also have some small red legged type crabs in the tank, but I don't think they pose a problem to the corals. Anyway, whats your advice for me??

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most SPS they wont be able to break but there is a few that are easy to beak. With that its up to you I dont like big snails because they knock stuff over

OP
OP
Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral they broke was a Birds nest with small brittle branches. Your right, they most likely wouldn't be able to break the larger branched frag that I have. Guess I was still mad at what they did and wanted to make them pay with alittle garlic butter sauce.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back