SPS Dominant Nuvo 20

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Joshthebox I found you on YouTube before I came across this thread. Awesome tank!

I have an IM 25 and use a single XR15. There are definitely a lot of shadows. I am not sure if to add a couple of 24" Reef Brite LEDs as supplements or a 4 bulb t5 setup as supplemental light. I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

OP
OP
Acroporaguy

Acroporaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank was selected as the featured tank of the month on nano-reef.com, here's the link if you'd like to learn more about my system.

OP
OP
Acroporaguy

Acroporaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Joshthebox I found you on YouTube before I came across this thread. Awesome tank!

I have an IM 25 and use a single XR15. There are definitely a lot of shadows. I am not sure if to add a couple of 24" Reef Brite LEDs as supplements or a 4 bulb t5 setup as supplemental light. I would love to hear your thoughts on it.
I'd go with a 4 bulb setup personally. T5s provide a very good spectrum for coral growth. Reefbrites are more for viewing pleasure in my opinion.

OP
OP
Acroporaguy

Acroporaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an updated pic of your RRC goldenrod? Want to get one but can never tell how yellow vs green it really is.
Here's a quick iphone photo of it under full spectrum. No orange filter etc. It's banana yellow, no green at all. Also, don't pay too much for a frag, it grows fast.

IMG_2718.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back