Sps experts!

Cuse89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I have some sps in my tank they look pretty good and polyps extend when lights are on. I have a combo t5 with led, so I have the t5’s run during the led period for 5 hours. Problem I have is when the t5’s turn out and leds are only
On them the polyps recede in because of this, I’m thinking because there isn’t a sort of ramp timer for the t5’s. Am I right any suggestions etc thanks!

Rams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
so I have some sps in my tank they look pretty good and polyps extend when lights are on. I have a combo t5 with led, so I have the t5’s run during the led period for 5 hours. Problem I have is when the t5’s turn out and leds are only
On them the polyps recede in because of this, I’m thinking because there isn’t a sort of ramp timer for the t5’s. Am I right any suggestions etc thanks!
What I am doing currently is first turn on led morning at 10% intensity for one hour then ramp up to 30% next hour,after 2 hours turn on t5s and same while turning off.working well for me..may be others can chime in for better sugegstions

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back