DSC_0029cropWEb.jpg

DSC_0071web.jpg

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gadgets, whats that 2nd pic? some sort of stylo?

man, i wish my camera wasn't kaput. i have gotten some wicked sps in the last couple of months. (ORA purple pillow, sunset monti, superman monti, tyree undata, grape idaho, flower petal monti, ORA chips acro, Tyree Soli, pink polyped cap)

...prob wont be until xmas till i get a new camera :(

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
da6d2003- Thanks!

surfn- Yes it's a stylo. Greenest kind I have ever seen! Would u like a frag?

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I went with two 175W 10K Ushios on ARO ballasts. I finished the wood working portion of the hood with Matt(MinibowMatt)...tonight i finished the second coat of paint...so tomorrow I am hitting it with a coat of sealer, and the lights will be on the tank by Thursday!!!

With that type of wattage...and two 96 watt Actinics in an my 58, would I be able to successfully keep SPS Surfn?

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had big plans of taking pictures as it was being built and what not...but my parents went to Italy for a couple weeks, and borrowed my digital camera!

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I went with two 175W 10K Ushios on ARO ballasts. I finished the wood working portion of the hood with Matt(MinibowMatt)...tonight i finished the second coat of paint...so tomorrow I am hitting it with a coat of sealer, and the lights will be on the tank by Thursday!!!

With that type of wattage...and two 96 watt Actinics in an my 58, would I be able to successfully keep SPS Surfn?

oh yeah, you are fine. i had 2x175 plus VHO's that i was gonna set up on a 50g breeder (36x18 footprint). you may have some hard time with wild stuff, and stuff that needs to be blasted with 400's normally. but i think you are fine. as far as color of your zoas, not sure they are gonna color up real well under the 10k's (IME). i think you'd like something better like a 14k/15k bulb plus actinics.

i'm not a big fan of those 175w 14k Iwasaki's though, they are more of a true 10k. took all of the flourescence out of my zoas :(

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its not THE bonsai from GARF.

its just your run of the mill purple acropora valida w/ green polyps.

it was a huge wild colony a local club member bought at our LFS right before a meeting one night. we split it up into 2 dozen frags for all the members in attendance.

it was completely brown in my tank for well over a year, and only had a hint of purple around the edges where it was slowly encrusting.

...still amazed at the growth and color........in what, just a month? lol

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bit of a growth sequence
i broke the orange cap up soon after this shot.

june 2, before the tort moved to center stage

9/17

10/29

Last edited:

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gadgets that second pic is awesome - what is it?
nice growth twon

Back