SPS fighting back

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering how potent are some of our common sps’s sting. I have been observing this one stylophora frag which fell of a frag rack and landed near a colony of Yoda zoas. The Yodas are absolutely successful like its really hard to kill them but yet they would avoid the stylophora. The Yoda’s skirts are folded up constantly where they are nearest to the stylophora.

30A773D2-0E4E-47CC-9F54-121A858723EC.jpeg 2A903752-EFC6-48DB-8F63-4FC923697A89.jpeg

Swackro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not too sure about stylos but I know that acropora have filaments that come out much like sweepers for euphyllia which are about an inch maybe 2 and they are very strong so if you value those zoos I’d suggest moving them

OP
OP
Alexopora

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not too sure about stylos but I know that acropora have filaments that come out much like sweepers for euphyllia which are about an inch maybe 2 and they are very strong so if you value those zoos I’d suggest moving them
I value those zoas but I have tons of them scattered in other tanks too. Ah yes, acros. I have seen them having this white ring around them where they encrust. I suspect that like you’ve said, the acros are sending out messentrial filaments to clear out algae.

Swackro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I value those zoas but I have tons of them scattered in other tanks too. Ah yes, acros. I have seen them having this white ring around them where they encrust. I suspect that like you’ve said, the acros are sending out messentrial filaments to clear out algae.
Over time the zoas will move on there own too since they are fast growing than most sps

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 62 28.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 47 21.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 25 11.6%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 74 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back