Sps flow rate

bluedevils38

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2013
Messages
225
Reaction score
5
Location
ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I'm setting up a 10 gallon reef tank with probably just a fish or 2 and I want it to mainly be a Sps tank! I have a BB tank and I have my led lights picked out so that's not a problem and I have my skimmer picked out but I have a question about flow. If I have a 10 gallon tank how many total gph should I have for powerheads! Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 1404673158684.jpg
    1404673158684.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 192
It can be anywhere between 30-100x turnover rate. So for your tank you'd need over 300 gph. What LEDs are you planning on getting?
 
Thankyiu I have a 230gph pump in there now to help just cycle a little bit and I plan to buy 2 wp25 for my 55 gallon reef and I'll put my old maxijet 900 with 233 gph in there along with the other to give me around 500gph
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new