SPS for eShopps Deskmate (stock light)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone! I"ve got a stock eShopps Deskmate that I've got fully cycled, and and will be starting to slowly stock with corals within the next few weeks. At the moment I"ll be using the stock light (hopefully upgrading in the fall, but not 100% sure yet).

My plan is 90-95% of softies (lps, zoas), but I do LOVE SPS. Can you recommend any good SPS that might be good that are low light (stock LED light from the eShopps Deskmate) . This a ballpark PAR readings form BRS.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

1679923859886.png

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone! I"ve got a stock eShopps Deskmate that I've got fully cycled, and and will be starting to slowly stock with corals within the next few weeks. At the moment I"ll be using the stock light (hopefully upgrading in the fall, but not 100% sure yet).

My plan is 90-95% of softies (lps, zoas), but I do LOVE SPS. Can you recommend any good SPS that might be good that are low light (stock LED light from the eShopps Deskmate) . This a ballpark PAR readings form BRS.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

1679923859886.png
Did you have trouble keeping easy SPS eventually?

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you have trouble keeping easy SPS eventually?
I was actually able to get my hands on a Radion XR15 (Gen 4) for a price that I couldn't say no to.

Currently I"ve got 5 SPS in the tank doing really well, and have a BattleBox from Adam @ Battlecorals coming to me on Tuesday of next week.

Feel free to check out my build thread (in my signature), I've been keeping pretty good records on the growth of the tank (currently 7.5 months old!

Thanks!

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to control the light that comes with it for a day/night/moon cycle? If not I was thinking the Noo-Psyche mini is probably the cheapest controllable light to put on it. I want to do a build with one in my son's room but want to be able to do a moon cycle for while he's in bed.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to control the light that comes with it for a day/night/moon cycle? If not I was thinking the Noo-Psyche mini is probably the cheapest controllable light to put on it. I want to do a build with one in my son's room but want to be able to do a moon cycle for while he's in bed.
The light that comes with it (unless it's been updated), is simply on/off. I Radion XR15 has been kicking butt on this tank. Currently have 9 SPS in the tank, and they're all thriving! I also just started dosing All For Reef (1mL daily, for 2 weeks now), and I"ve already noticed a good response in the tank. SPS is laying down more skeleton, zoa's look happier...open more and laying down more mat, and colors of my cyphastreas are even better too!

Here's a picture from this morning!

Attachments

• IMG_9350.JPG
    IMG_9350.JPG
    357.5 KB · Views: 26

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back