Sps frag QT issues

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ick is my issue and concern...

So after two tank wipe outs over 30 plus years of reefing I QT. Fish QT is no issue. 55 gallon copper set up. Snails all go in a 20 gallon no copper and no meds.. just time to make sure no ick. My DT is angels and wrasses with sps only. No LPS as the angels would fancy those meals. My issue is my QT of sps. Seems I have such trouble with my 30 gallon QT for frags. Bare bottom setup.. Meant to only put the frags through a 28 day QT.. Many do not make it.. Not sure why the tank has been set up for some time. But it is lacking.. Here is the question.. how long do we really need to QT frags. My routine is.... new frag is put though bayer disinfect. Then cut the sps frag from the plug it came on.. Re glue to new fresh plug and put in QT tank . now I am thinking do I really need to be concerned with ick.. if the sps is cut from the plug it came on... ?

OP
OP
chicago

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DT is mix of some black boxes and Radion 3gen.. the QT tank is a black box. Lighting I do not think is the issue.. I think 30 gallon QT for frags might be to small. And maybe to sterial

OP
OP
chicago

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have provided more details. The 30 gallons is Nuevo tank..has overflow in back with pump in back... all in one unit tank... so there is some rock in the back chambers. Frags are placed on racks . Small jebeao wave maker for some current for the frags.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back