Sps frag QT issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter chicago
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
1,775
Reaction score
569
Location
chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ick is my issue and concern...

So after two tank wipe outs over 30 plus years of reefing I QT. Fish QT is no issue. 55 gallon copper set up. Snails all go in a 20 gallon no copper and no meds.. just time to make sure no ick. My DT is angels and wrasses with sps only. No LPS as the angels would fancy those meals. My issue is my QT of sps. Seems I have such trouble with my 30 gallon QT for frags. Bare bottom setup.. Meant to only put the frags through a 28 day QT.. Many do not make it.. Not sure why the tank has been set up for some time. But it is lacking.. Here is the question.. how long do we really need to QT frags. My routine is.... new frag is put though bayer disinfect. Then cut the sps frag from the plug it came on.. Re glue to new fresh plug and put in QT tank . now I am thinking do I really need to be concerned with ick.. if the sps is cut from the plug it came on... ?
 
DT is mix of some black boxes and Radion 3gen.. the QT tank is a black box. Lighting I do not think is the issue.. I think 30 gallon QT for frags might be to small. And maybe to sterial
 
I should have provided more details. The 30 gallons is Nuevo tank..has overflow in back with pump in back... all in one unit tank... so there is some rock in the back chambers. Frags are placed on racks . Small jebeao wave maker for some current for the frags.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new