SPS Frag ?s

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i picked up some SPS frags, some fresh cut, some encrusted...i under stand they tend to brown after fragging (so ive been told) ... how long will it take for em to color back up?

Here is what i got:

Acro Borealis (brown, but good polyp extension)
Green staghorn (has color)
Teal Acro
Tequila Sunrise (Some color, but polyps extended well)
Frogskin (has color)
Tri-color valida

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That depends on your water chemisty and lighting. Obviously every tank is different with a lot of variables involved. Phosphate and nutrient levels will play a big part, too little nutrients pale colors, too much brown colors. Lighting, depends on fixture type, bulb type.....age of bulbs. Colorations changes for me tend to take roughly 3 weeks to actually see a niceable change if it's for the better but they brown out quickly.

OP
OP
C

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks, i took water samples to the guy i get all my corals from, he is a SPS freak and refused to sell em to me unless my water quality was where it needed to be (good thing in my eyes, i hate wasting money) ... as far as lighting, i am running 2 reef radiance Lumentek 120's led fixtures. i just picked the frags up friday, so ill take some pictures and do a color/growth thread.

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep lots of variables on coloring them up. it might be a good idea to pick up an alk and calc test kit. They will help you keep your params in check for keeping the sps

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 113 73.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back