SPS good growth but.....

  • Thread starter Thread starter jhebi
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jhebi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2018
Messages
70
Reaction score
99
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have really good growth with my SPS. But the only problem is polyp extension, sucks big balls

Anyone have idea what could be?

Thank you
Alex
 
Maybe something is nipping at them. I have two tanks and the tank with angels don’t have any poly extension except at night. The other one has polyps extended all the time.
 
I have 2 angels queen angel and flame angel I don’t see them picking on the SPS
 
I have 2 angelfish queen and flame angel but never saw them pick on the SPS
 
I have 2 angels queen angel and flame angel I don’t see them picking on the SPS

That’s it right there! So I had a multibar and potters which I never seen nip the potters actually died because algae was gone and never ate frozen, but I never seen them nip anything i sold the Multibar my PE is crazy now my Wolverine looks like Wolverine!!! Nice and hairy my Millies look hairy
 
Btw I feel it didn’t affect the growth they still grew but had short polyps compared to now
 
I have 2 angels queen angel and flame angel I don’t see them picking on the SPS
Queens are notorious for eating corals. They are beautiful fish, but I would never keep one in a reef tank.
 
Thanks everyone for the reply. i had the queen angel since it was 1 inch and is growing soon i will have to take it out before outgrow my tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new