SPS grow out tile

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mellotang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mellotang

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2020
Messages
725
Reaction score
801
Location
NYSEA
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if the preferred tile for SPS grow out?

not a frag plug but the square tiles

can I get any clay tile at Home Depot or should I be looking for travertine or some natural stone?

Thanks
 
I didn't know people used tile for this. If I had to choose I'd go with travertine limestone tile.
 
Travertine 4” x 4”. Soak in rodi for a week, change water, soak for another week and I’m good. Of course, a piece or two at a time probably won’t hurt anything. image.jpg
 
Thanks

looking forward to growing out some tiles

TX... what you call that purple thing?? Grape Ape? Looks sick
 
RR prometheus taking its time to sprout :)

just been encrusting for a year almost.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new