SPS Growth and Light (PAR) Adjustments

  • Thread starter Thread starter gtrider
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gtrider

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2018
Messages
284
Reaction score
275
Location
Royal Oak, MI
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope everyone is doing well today and your tanks are thriving!

I have an SPS dominant tank that i added my first SPS frags ~8mo ago.

I rented a PAR meter in the past and mapped out my reading, and i have been placing my SPS in PAR ranges that make sense.

As your frags get bigger and closer to the lights, do you make adjustments in lighting intensity?

I don't have this problem yet but my frags are growing and i want to understand what i should do IF i get to have the good problem.
 
Your SPS will acclimate to the higher PAR as they grow up towards the light.

Nice. That's what i was hoping to hear. Hopefully mine continue to grow, and my tank reaches an old age!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new