SPS growth suggestion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anirban
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2015
Messages
5,356
Reaction score
9,155
Location
Chapel Hill
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got this neon birdnest last december and using this as my training SPS since then. So I want to know if the growth rate is fine or it can be better?

This was on 01/19/2016

20160122_113044_zps2lun3a1s.jpg


This is how it looks today (02/25/2016)

20160225_212310_zpsxc1dt859.jpg
 
Growing faster than mine in one month, nice growth in my opinoin
 
That's pretty good growth for one month.
 
Nice!!! drop the details light, placement, test results etc
 
Thanks all. I learned every single thing here on this forum.

Parameters:
PO4: 0 (Hanna low range)
NO3: I prefer keeping it between 2-5ppm (Actually dose Potassium nitrate pure)
pH:7.8-7.9
Alkalinity:-9-10dkH(Hanna)
Temp:79-81F
Calcium:440 (Salifert)
Magnesium:1310 (Salifert)

My light is Mars Aqua and I try to run 70%blue and 50% white/colour. I put them at the top closest to light.
 
Growth looks great. Now some say you need a touch of phosphate if I am not correct?
My Hanna reads 0 but its not the ULR checker so generally there will be some phosphate its just that the checker can not detect it.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new