SPS ID Help please

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2008
Messages
5,614
Reaction score
80
Location
Spokane, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I've had this particular Acro in my tank for over a year. When I got it, the tips were covered with a really tough "turf" looking algae and the entire colony was a dark green in color. It's now algae free and the color is lightening to an almost baby blue color. Any ideas?

3195078927_45dd569618.jpg


3195077883_c925d3e7a7.jpg
 
Definitely not a tenius. I have several A tenius and it looks and grows nothing like them. A. vermiculata seems to have very evenly spaced and scale like corallites, but it's a possibility. It's also been suggested that it could be A. austera or A. aculeus. I'll probably have to allow it to grow more and get another pic at that time. Thanks all!!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new