SPS ID - Pocillapora vs stylophora

SixtyFeetUnder

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2020
Messages
102
Reaction score
47
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some very bright green sps that I’m sure is a poci but I’m not sure If this mint green is a pocillapora or stylopophora. I believe it’s a poci as well but anyone more experience lend me your thoughts. The mint green in question is quite shaded at this point and needs to be moved. Any help appreciated.

coral in question:

D9E3284C-980C-474B-A4A1-3874689B8C78.jpeg 99A94016-E751-47B9-9F67-88E079F27E7F.jpeg
 
This guys who much brighter I’m almost totally sure are pocillapora:

many expertise appreciated:

E51E5A3C-292B-4FA7-84FC-98FBACAFB024.jpeg
 
All look like poccis to me.
 
Pocci all the way

this is similar but stylo:

1584330137374.png
 
Thank guys. I thought they were both pocillapora but have never experienced the polyp ejectction and random spawning people described in the recent featured thread.
 
Moderator please close thread (and I’m new to R2R so if that’s something you don’t do here let me know)
 
poccillapora is more fuzzy looking and if you see its spreading like wildfire than it’s poccillapora. I threw them out every few months.
150A332F-C1AC-4DDF-966E-3B807D642742.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new