SPS ID

LunchboLobster

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2024
Messages
74
Reaction score
32
Location
Fort Worth
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bought from a local shop today, the owner called it "branching montipora". It's a little more orange than the picture shows. Any ideas what the actual name might be? Thank you!

PXL_20250308_232334631.MP.jpg
 
I agree with @SliceGolfer. I've never seen it before. Really nice color! Enjoy! It reminds me of Montipora hirsuta. That grows like a weed for me in my mixed reef between 100 and 150 par.
I thought montipora Hirsuta as well. Here's mine for reference.

Op could this be it?
PXL_20241208_010105235.jpg
 
I wanna say it's an Anacro based on the inclined corallites but the papillated coenosteum says otherwise. Oh well, Anacros derive from within Montipora anyways
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new