SPS LED VS MH

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2016
Messages
41,128
Reaction score
69,442
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hello for anybody who is running LED and used to run MH.

i have been reading a lot about the difference between the PAR for LED and MH. I have read that MH PAR around 450 is like an LED at 300. Does anybody have an specific experience with this?

im getting some high end SPS that need 450 Par and im running LED i may need to upgrade...
 
I built my fixture that is equivalent (par) to 250w 20k radiums
1468247469387-697112726.jpg

So with today's technology in chips and lenses you can achieve any par and color output wanted.
 
Hello for anybody who is running LED and used to run MH.

i have been reading a lot about the difference between the PAR for LED and MH. I have read that MH PAR around 450 is like an LED at 300. Does anybody have an specific experience with this?

im getting some high end SPS that need 450 Par and im running LED i may need to upgrade...

ive run both.
if led reads 300, chances are it really is. I went off that 10-15% drop from the par meter and it bit me.

go off the par meter is my advice. if it reads 300, treat it as 300. dont add x percent to make yourself feel better. your corals will be happier.
 
I'm going to get a par meter it's expensive but a good investment. Can anybody recommend a good one to buy?

Heard good things about the Seneye meter being accurate and easy to use. I have never used a PAR meter (wish my local club had one I could borrow).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new