SPS light acclimation

  • Thread starter Thread starter AcroFan144
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AcroFan144

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2019
Messages
60
Reaction score
54
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys acclimate your newly arrived SPS frags to your lights? Recently I bought a red Montipora capricornis frag, which I placed on the sandbed in the middle of the tank. Within days It has completely bleached out, and STNed weeks later.

I an running ATI Sunpower 6x39w on 18 inch deep tank.
 
Last edited:
If you put it on the sand bed and it STNed more than likely this is a water quality issue instead of a light issue. Usually bleached means to high of intense lights like the frag being really close to the lights or surface of the tank. Losing all color but still alive. I usually acclimate my Sps on a frag rack dead center of my tank then eventually move them up over a 2 week period.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new