SPS Lighting

aquaman3680

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2008
Messages
412
Reaction score
96
Location
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I have a couple questions about the light requirements for a few SPS. I have 2x400 watt halides with 12K ReefLux bulbs with LumenBright reflectors. I have been slowly acclimating my new corals to the light to make sure I dont burn them or bleach them out.

I have recently purchased a-
Pink Lemonade
Monti Setosa
Purple Monster
Blue Hoke
Grafted Simplex

They are all currently near the bottom of the tank. I am pretty sure on their light requirements, but wanted to get your opinion on how much light to give them. I am more interested in color than growth although a combo of both would be great. How high up in the tank should these be placed?

Thanks,

Matt
 
I have my pink lemonades pretty high up (~7" below water surface) and my setosa a few inches higher. I can't get any color out of my PM-mine's been grey since I got it. 250WDE 14K Phoenix and VHO
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new