SPS loosing color

  • Thread starter Thread starter SCReef'n
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
If all your other corals are healthy and colored up good ( no signs of bleaching) then I would just move the FF down and try to straighten him up so he’s not shaded on one side. Although I’m new with the FF myself, I’ve read that they can be temperamental with high lighting. I put mine midway in the tank.
 
I doubt a single kessil 360 will provide enough par over a 60 gallon cube. I strongly recommend getting your hands on a par meter.
 
I wouldn’t worry unless the frag is turning white. It looks pink to me and I don’t think one kessil is strong enough to worry about burning corals. It’s probably acclimating and will color once it starts growing.
I don’t think a carbon source is going to make a difference here. But I do think it sucks so many people have had mishaps with carbon sources and gfo. Especially carbon sources because they can be extremely useful. Gfo can too but it is dangerous for people who are not used to using it. Carbon sources require knowledge and experience and lots of testing to be able to use correctly but they can certainly help a reef thrive. My tanks always run and look better with a carbon source.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new