SPS losing branch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
9,413
Reaction score
20,980
Location
Mentor, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a Green Horn Coral (at least I think that is what it is) for several months. It has shown good growth and color. This picture is under the moonlights but they daytime coloring isn't much different. There is a small section that appears to be melting off. Is this normal reproduction behavior (I assume not but I could hope) or should I be looking at other issues (water quality, pests, etc.) The rest of the tank, which is a mixture of SPS, LPS, and soft corals, are doing fine.
 

Attachments

  • Green Horn Coral.jpg
    Green Horn Coral.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 203

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new