Sps newbie help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dan7575
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Keep in mind, you bought some frags in one environment and transferred them to a new environment. It will take time to color them up. I usually put new frags on a frag rack in my display in about 175-200 par for about a month while I think about where to put them in the tank - it let's them settle - they're getting enough light, but need time to adjust to my chemistry. Go slow, don't make a bunch of rash changes to save frags, imo.
 
No, not dosing any of those although I do have Nopox and was going to start dosing it to drop the phos
Don’t drink the “sps need <5no3, 0.10po4” cool aide. It’s simply not true. In fact if you read the label on the nopox bottle it recommends 0.12 po4 for sps frags. They have done studies that show higher Po4 encourages growth in sps frags. The only benefit IMO to lower nutrients is less hair/glass film algae. I myself would rather have healthy/happy corals over less algae.

A t5 hybrid fixture will give you much better results than adding another prime.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new