SPS on rusty rock magnet help!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boboe77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Boboe77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
166
Reaction score
2
Location
Santa Clarita, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sunset montipora with a setosa a montipora on a rock mag. I noticed today that the magnet glued to the rock is really rusty, I looked at the magnet on the other side of the glass (in the built in filter) and it extremely rusty!! What can I do? The sunset montipora is already encrusted the rock. Help!!
 
Can you break the magnet out of the back and put the rock on the sand bed? If not, I'd suggest busting it up with a hammer and chisel and save as many frags as you can. I'm not sure how harmful rust even is to a reef tank. It adding oxidized minerals to the water. The question is, how much and what kind.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new