SPS Par Question

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2009
Messages
2,033
Reaction score
1,321
Location
D'Iberville Mississippi
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have access to a Par Meter ,, I am wanting to add a couple more acropora a bit lower in my tank ,, what is the Par number I don't want to go below :) I have a lot of LPS corals in this tank that are doing good ,, for now at least I have found the sweet spot , at least I think :) I put a small JF Firefox frag onto one of these spots two days ago ,, it broke off of another frag ,, anyway ,, I am breaking the Par Meter out to check my second tank ,, thought I might as well check the spots where I want to add a couple of frags in the bigger tank ,,
 
It will vary depending on sps, I've had beautiful colored acros and tenuis at 80, but you usually want to keep everything between 250-350, even a bit higher for best results.
 
My number at the top of the tank ,, with the power heads on is in the 350 ish range ,, maybe a tad more ,, that's why I was wondering how deep I could go with a couple more acorpora frags ,,, should have bought the 6' Tank :(
 
I have some 37” below the lights at 200, I have some random austeras and stuff in the corners at 100-120 that do good. Personally, I wouldn’t go below 150-200 if I could avoid it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new