SPS Placement Recommendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ober_Reef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ober_Reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2021
Messages
655
Reaction score
398
Location
Eastern Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I just wanted to get some input on my placement this far on my few new pieces of SPS. I have one piece of Papa Smurf I still need to attach and am wondering if I can add to one of the existing higher up rocks I currently have my SPS on or I should wait for the arch I am adding once I find the right piece. Attached are a couple pictures(not the best quality, just to reference the rock and pieces I have currently).

Thanks All for your thoughts!

B7504388-3416-48A7-AA76-E116FE142355.jpeg 80692687-298A-4E0F-B499-E318C8BF0EC9.jpeg 8AC92DD8-6BF8-4386-96BC-66694A9D5821.jpeg
 
Basically I would love my rock work to fill up with growth but I’m unsure how close to start frags.
 
As someone who put frags to close together, I would space them out. I like to get them to grow out. Put at least 5~6 inches between.
Example of to close

20220412_174518.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new