SPS recomendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rawsreef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rawsreef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2021
Messages
563
Reaction score
275
Location
miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some recommendations on some nice colored sticks that won't break the bank. This is still a relatively new tank, so I'm still figuring things out. I've lost probably about 4-5 of the 20 acros I've put in this tank. So I definitely don't want to put in anything too sensitive.

Basically Im looking for nice, hardy SPS. What comes to your mind?

I have bubble gum digi, green digi, princess peach, Bill Murray, Oregon tort, and a couple wild pieces that are doing surprisingly well.
 
Do you have any montis in your tank? Those are relatively easy to keep
 
WWC Yellow tips is my favorite easy acro
IMG_9486.jpeg
 
Do you have any montis in your tank? Those are relatively easy to keep
Digitata is one of my favorites because of how forgiving they are, their cool growth forms and the awesome colors you can find them in. They're a winner for sure.

I have a bubble gum coming tomorrow. And a red/green grafted cap which I'm pretty excited about.
 
If you were closer I have alot of bubblegum,red,green,an purple caps,vanilla spy and others I'd give you frags of. Plus a unknown tabling acro that grows really well.
 
Any stag would work well if you like their structure.
Take your pick on color.
My old 120 had a few.
20220106_131923.jpg
I love the teals. The growth-form of the one on the left is the kind I like most. I love the way they fill vertical space.
 
I love the teals. The growth-form of the one on the left is the kind I like most. I love the way they fill vertical space.
The teal one is a Surf & Turf, old school. I have one in my current one year old IM 170.
Forest fire digi's are nice too.
20250717_151629.jpg
 
Any stag would work well if you like their structure.
Take your pick on color.
My old 120 had a few.
20220106_131923.jpg
Love the purple and green. Green looks awesome!
 
Love the purple and green. Green looks awesome!
The stag in the front is a piece I got from the old 120 system and is on the left.
This is a pic in the 170.
The coral in the center is an unknown wild piece that's looking purplish also.
Tanks 1 year.
20250717_151556.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new