SPS shading?

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal for the undersides of SPS sticks to be less vibrant or tan and smaller pulps extension? Is it even a big deal? If so would something like the "XHO-K15 LED Add-On Kit - For Radion XR15 - Reef Brite" help fix this?

-Thanks!

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shading will always be an issue. For the most part it's not a big deal and some colonies may have polyps that are totally white from lack of light. You can try supplemental lighting but keep in mind big changes in lighting might not be recieved well by polyps that have grown in low light conditions.

OP
OP
Ryde

Ryde

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shading will always be an issue. For the most part it's not a big deal and some colonies may have polyps that are totally white from lack of light. You can try supplemental lighting but keep in mind big changes in lighting might not be recieved well by polyps that have grown in low light conditions.
Guess it's nothing to worry abt. Thanks.

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef brites have great spread and coverage, they should help with shading and promote more natural growth patterns just like T5 does.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back