Sps skin blown off will it recover?

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2019
Messages
2,619
Reaction score
2,491
Location
Daytona Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I made a rookie mistake once again!

I finally had sps encrusting and growing in my tank. I have 3 anemones that I want to mow get rid of so I pointed a powerhead at them. Apparently it was hitting the backside of the acro also and skin ended up peeling off.

Will an acro recover from that or am I done for and need to start new?

I will get pics when lights come on.
 
Okay here’s some pics

Blown off skin on the backside.
IMG_2364.jpeg


Front side
IMG_2365.jpeg

Coral on October 1st (can see the growth on frag)
IMG_1642.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new