SPS Spotlight: Caroliniana

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,861
Reaction score
122,510
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back on track with the Sps Spotlight and this week we'll feature the beautiful deepwater acro that many call the Caroliniana!

Please share your Caroliniana photos and experience!

IMG_0333_zpsecf8cada.jpg

image
 
ive seen some VERY nice pieces coming in lately mostly green but here is my blue caroliniana not the bestpic but might as well start it out, got as a TINY frag and yes the tank is dirty...its ready to transfer to the new tank when i have time.
 
Just curious is this a slow grower in your experience? I have a frag that looks very healthy but I have seen little to no growth.
 
mine has been a fairly slow/med grower.....it did alot of encrusting of the plug when i had it up in higher light, then i moved it down a little and in some higher flow (med flow overall) and it started to throw out some branches.

the more i see them the more i want them...been very hard not buying corals while the new tank is getting set up.
 
I got this from a local LFS. I believe its a frag from a maricultured colony.

 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new