Sps Spotlight: ORA Hawkins Echinata

Here is a pic of my tiny frag from a month or so ago. It has started to encurst and color up since the pic.
20190327_172933_resized.jpg

I had a frag from ORA several years ago before I sold that tank. It was a fairly quick grower once it was happy. Likes a lot of flow and light but will be different colors in lower light. Deeper blue in high light and more blue-green in lower light.
 

I forgot about this old colony. I got a new piece recently from a friend who says it had lineage or whatnot, I am wondering if it will be more blue than this colony, I never got the darker blue on the lower coralites along the branch tips. This new piece was extremely purple looking under kitchen lights too, does everyone’s piece seem more purple out of the water?
 
I can’t keep it alive! Tries 2 times and always same story.. Grows pretty well and that gets white patches and dies
One of my favorite acros
 
I have one, beautiful acro thats for sure.

D70F319A-945F-4718-933A-4E34A6861900.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new