Sps Spotlight: ORA Hawkins Echinata

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,863
Reaction score
122,462
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please share your Hawkins photos and growth experience!

oraenchnata.jpg

image via killingseed2000
 
Seems to do well in high light and low light for me. Growth seems to be average once it gets to a good size.

Darryl_v how do you get yours to have such a dark blue on the tips?
 
Lets bring this back to life!!! This is such a beautiful and often taken for granted SPS!
IMG_20110616_175433.jpg
 
One of my top 3 favorites. Just picked up a little frag that was really light, unfortunately it is not recovering like I was hoping. Keep the pics coming!
 
Comes and goes, though I've kept it for many years. Once it gets big and some detritus or algae gets ahold in the middle of the colony it can be difficult to keep going and needs to be chopped up, in my experience. It is an absolutely unique and amazing Acropora, and if it showed up in the hobby for the first time today, people would be losing their minds over it.
 
I just got rid of my last piece of this last week. But I think mine could have been a turaki anyways. I see a lot of people mistaking the two.
 
Ian this supposed to get light on tips where growth isn’t happening? Not much PE on these either huh?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new