SPS Struggles

  • Thread starter Thread starter helldiver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have a apex controller with 2 probes milwakee and neptune but even without reactor my ph is too low. What are some other ways to. Get ph up without raising alk
 
I have ca reactor off testing alk daily. And dosing calcium only what it tbe benefits of adding ATS. Also i have no algae in tank and what are some ways to bring ph up easily without raising alk
 
If you run the ats at night when your display lights are off, it will help keep the ph up overnight.
 
What are the benefits of adding a ATS

IMO, ATS take algae from where it isn't desired, and grow it where it doesn't matter. In other words you don't want it in your DT but doesn't matter if it's in your fuge or ATS. Also, uses nutrients to grow and should help stabilize ph at night
 
Cool it should reduce nitrates and phos too right i am hoping it keep them down right
 
So I have been testing everyday my phos is down to .15 put 100 ml of rowa phos in SAT at 1800 ,reactor has been off calcium dropped to 380 dosed ca to ca level of 450 but my Alk is maintaining at 12.5-13 do not understand why it will not drop mag is at 1400,I think I need to test for Nitrates I run reverse light schedule on refugium
 
Are you using a pH buffer? If so, that is what is adding to your alkalinity, contrary to some advertising. I thought your PO4 started at .15? The use of carbon dosing, i.e. BP's, vinegar, vodka, etc. is more to get your NO3 down, it has very little affect on PO4, which is best reduced with a GFO product.
 
No before i will check again in am tues i always check at the same time 5am
 
I've read that adding hydrochloric acid (muriatic acid) to water change water will drop your alkalinity. It'll also drop your pH, so you'll need to areate it until pH comes back up before using it during a water change.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new